Our Customer Service Reps are ready and available to help you online with your new service connection or disconnection, simply click the link above to complete the online application or email the required information below to email@example.com and provide a phone number for us to collect your deposit and connection fees over the phone. If you do not have access to email you can visit our lobby with the required information below.
To set up services, send us:
1) (Renters) A copy of your current lease agreement
2) (Homeowners) Settlement statement received at closing or sales contract
3) A copy of the photo ID of all listed on the account4) A completed Residential Service Application
4) $15 connection fee and deposit
To disconnect services, send us:
1) A copy of the photo ID of all persons on the account
2) E-mail or letter stating the date the disconnect should be processed
3) A forwarding address to send your final bill
*Termination of Service: Whenever a customer orders their services disconnected or otherwise ceases to be a customer, all amounts owed the BMU shall immediately become due. Upon payment of all amounts owed, the customer's service deposits shall be returned to them. If a customer fails to notify BMU of their desire to terminate services they shall be held legally responsible for any utility service registered on the meters which are located on the premises and recorded in their name. The customer's service deposits may be applied to their account for amount owed to the BMU.
Application For Service Policy:
- All utility rates will be established by the Board of Municipal Utilities and approved by the City Council.
- No customer or former customer will be supplied any utility service that has on record any amount due to BMU unless first paying the old balance in full along with necessary deposits.
- Any customer requesting utility service(s) in their name shall pay the appropriate connect fees before such request is completed. Landlords who have the utility services remain on in their name between tenants shall be exempt from the connect fees, provided they have on file with the Utility a standing order requesting the Utility to automatically place the utilities in their name when their rental property becomes vacant. However, such landlords will be subject to the connect fees if they have the utility services disconnected out of their name anytime between tenants.
- All bills shall be due and payable when mailed and shall become delinquent ten (10) days after such date. If any bill rendered by the BMU is not paid within twenty (20) days after the date thereof, the BMU may discontinue service to such customer. When service is disconnected due to nonpayment, the total amount of the outstanding bill plus applicable reconnect charges shall be paid before service is restored. Any restoration of service made after hours, on weekends or holidays, shall be assessed a charge adequate to cover BMU incurred expenses.
- A monthly statement for utility service shall be furnished each customer, each statement shall indicate the amount due for services as determined by meter readings and other charges which apply.
The amount of the deposit shall be as follows:
- ELECTRIC ONLY or WATER ONLY accounts the deposit will be set at $120.
- FULL UTILITY SERVICE accounts deposit with qualifying credit will be set at $200.
- FULL UTILITY SERVICE accounts deposit with unqualified credit will be set at $300.
The BMU may at any time, as a condition to furnishing or continuing service, require a commercial or industrial customer to maintain a deposit with the Utility. The amount of deposit shall be equal to two times the average monthly bill.
- If the type of business and/or other factors make comparison between a former customer's usage and expected usage of the new customer unreasonable, the deposit requirements may be reviewed to reflect anticipated usage.
- If there is no prior history data available, the BMU shall estimate the amount of the monthly bill based on the load and usage data provided the Utility by the customer.
- Deposits may be in the form of cash, surety bond, or irrevocable letter of credit from a bank satisfactory to the Utility. Deposits shall be held by the Utility for a minimum of five(5) years. Cash deposits shall not bear interest.